I began with researching other title sequences and compiling them into a concept board. I took some notes about the show and what art direction I wanted to take this animation in.
I also started ideating with thumbnail sketches of different storyboards I could do for the animation. After coming to a good spot, I digitalized them to show a more cohesive art style. I wrote notes next to the different direction to help visualize how the final animation might turn out.
After choosing a direction, I created a design board of the animation and an animatic test to see how it would flow. After finalizing every detail, I wrapped up the final animation you see at the top of this page.